Resort to Laura Madrid, an Affiliate of Travel Experts, strongly encourages Travel Insurance to protect your investment. Please ask us if you would like a quotation for travel and cancellation insurance.

Travel insurance can protect you if you have a medical emergency or death in your immediate family before or during travel and you need to cancel or delay your trip or if you require medical attention or evacuation. Most pre-paid arrangements are non-refundable regardless of the circumstance.

medjet assist:

MedjetAssist is a medical evacuation membership program that arranges medical transfer to the hospital of the member's choice. If a Medjet member becomes hospitalized more than 150 miles from home and meets transport criteria, Medjet will arrange medical transfer to the hospital of their choice at no additional cost. All the member pays is their membership fee. We can assist in purchasing a Medjet Assist membership. Please visit for more details on this program’s membership opportunities and benefits.

NOTE:  This ‘insurance’ does not replace travel insurance and is recommended to be purchased with travel insurance. This membership only allows a client to request to be transferred from a hospital where they have been admitted to a hospital of their choice (anywhere in the world). Clients can buy annual memberships or just short-term coverages. 


Please ask us about passport and visa requirements to the countries to which you will travel. We are glad to assist with expedited passport and visa services. It is ultimately the passenger’s responsibility to ensure they have all correct documents prior to travel. Resort to Laura Madrid, an Affiliate of Travel Experts, does not assume responsibility for missing, expired or incorrect travel documents.

Please email a copy of your passport page to us for our file and safe keeping during your travels.

For Visa and Passport assistance, we suggest CIBT. For discounted pricing please use our noted account number.

US Citizens - Input our account # 65371 for discounted pricing

Canadian Citizens - Input our account # 11657 for discounted pricing

For country information and visa and passport requirements, please consult Department of State -



Many countries require immunizations prior to travel and for some locations your travel doctor may suggest preventative medicines for malaria, altitude sickness, or other illnesses. Please consult your local travel doctor or ask your primary care physician for a referral ideally 6 weeks prior to travel.

For immediate information, we suggest you consult the Center for Disease Control web site -



Register for the STEP program before leaving (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program), so that US embassies worldwide know where you are in the instance of a global emergency.



Luggage Free is a specialty service offering travelers the ability to ship their luggage and other personal items ahead to any destination worldwide, to avoid the inconvenience of carrying, checking and claiming luggage – even going through customs. Time that used to be spent enduring the hassles at airport, can now be spent enjoying your vacation. Let us know how we can help or get started here:
Use our discount code 2033328 to receive $25 off EVERY shipment!



Blue Ribbon Bags takes care of mishandled baggage for you! For only $5 per bag. Blue Ribbon Bags will track and expedite the return of your delayed baggage for 96 hours from the time your flight lands. You will receive automatic email updates every time there is any change to the status of your mishandled bag. Their Service Agreement includes all bags checked at airport, including last minute gate check-ins. Blue Ribbon Bags service covers every flight, on every airline, everywhere in the world. You must register your bag prior to departure and we can assist with that or you may do so directly at


important note about traveling with children:

Traveling around the world with children may require you to have additional documentation, especially if only one of the parents is traveling. If you’re traveling solo with a child, always bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate (particularly if you have different surnames), as well as a notarized note from the other parent stating specifically that the child is allowed to travel internationally with you.

Be aware that specific rules about documentation can differ substantially from country to country, so you should check the US State Department International Travel website for information about requirements for your destination country. Find your destination country, then the tab for "Entry, Exit, & Visa Requirements," then scroll down to "Travel with Minors."

Even if a child plans to travel with both parents, it may be necessary to split up and travel separately in an emergency (for example, if one parent is injured or ill) and it may not be possible or convenient to get the required consent forms notarized quickly in a foreign country. So, we strongly recommend that you carry with you notarized consent forms from both parents, authorizing the child to travel with either parent on any international trip.